Versailles cleaning Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Miss Manuela Maneva, as a Managing director of the company is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees and subcontractors have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Provision of sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to increase awareness of environmental responsibility amongst staff.
• Minimise waste by reduced consumption and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures.
• Use recycled and recyclable materials where appropriate; choosing products and suppliers that minimize negative environmental impacts, thereby promoting sustainable development.
• Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes and to take all reasonable steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health where such materials are in essential use.
• In creating our services, we always consider natural resource consumption, waste management, spillage prevention and the implementation of energy efficiency methods.
• Periodical research into use of new technologies and green products available for purchase or new cleaning methods without any chemicals.
• We aim to minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We aim to reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We aim to reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
• We seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
• Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products are taken into account when purchasing.
• We evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
• We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We avoid the need of travelling for meetings we promote the use of alternative communication methods such: as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
• We favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
• We incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• We increase employee awareness through training.
• We review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
• We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• We work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.